IFAR Is in the News - Again!
IFAR has recently exposed several major art scams, while the issues we have long been involved with have assumed greater importance and public attention. As a result, IFAR is currently featured in many news stories and has recently participated in several public conferences and panels. Below is just a selection of publications from 2017-2019. Please click on the links for the full texts of the articles:
- East Hampton Star, “Jackson Pollock’s Not-So Fabulous Fakes.” March 7, 2019
- East Hampton Star, “Who Will Preserve Jackson Pollock’s Legacy.” March 7, 2019.
- Artnet News, “A Collector Says He Found a Jackson Pollock Painting Once Owned by Fidel Castro. Experts Say It’s a Scam.” February 27, 2019.
- Forbes, “Paul Cézanne: Redux and Renewal of his Catalogue Raisonné.” February 26, 2019.
- Roanoke Times, “Art Found in Storage Unit Linked to Controversial Collection.” September 22, 2018.
- ARTpublika Magazine, “Fakes, Frauds, and Fine art: Interview with Dr. Sharon Flescher, Executive Director of the International Foundation for Art Research (IFAR). July 1, 2018.
- The Art Newspaper, “Bizarre Pollock Forgery Scam Targets Unwary Collectors in the US.” August 23, 2017.
- Artnet News, “An ‘Audacious’ New Jackson Pollock Scam Targeting Newbie Buyers Has Been Uncovered.” August 24, 2017.
- ArtForum, “Foundation Uncovers Jackson Pollock Forgery Scam.” August 24, 2017.
- The Times, “Total Pollocks: Elaborate Con Fools Art Buyers.” August 25, 2017.
- Skynews, “Are Pollock Paintings Easy to Paint?” August 25, 2017.
IFAR’s Executive Director, Dr. Sharon Flescher, has participated in the following conferences and programs over the past year, in addition to speaking at and moderating IFAR's own public programs:
- February 28, 2019 – NYU Grey Art Gallery, “Conversation: Methodology, Resources, Issues, and Challenges in Nazi-Era Provenance Research”
- September 28, 2018 – Expo Chicago, Professional’s Forum, on “Authenticity, Provenance and Due Diligence".
- February 20, 2018 -- Metropolitan Club, San Francisco, on “News about Authentication, Provenance, Fakes, Fraud, and Theft from the Files of IFAR.”
- March 12, 2017 – Asia Society, “Legal and Ethical Issues Surrounding the Acquisition of Cultural Property