VI. Art Fraud, Attribution, Authenticity, Forgery, Libel, Defamatory Statements
Includes civil and criminal cases of art fraud and forgery; disputes over expert opinion and catalogues raisonnés and authentication boards; disputes over attribution and authenticity.Relevant Statutes NULL
A . Criminal Fraud
- Regina v. Drewe
- United States v. Amiel
- United States v. Amiel, Jr.
- United States v. Austin
- United States v. Cooperman
- United States v. Dewey Lane Moore
- United States v. Likhite
- United States v. Martinez
- United States v. Meyer; Kolodny v. Meyer
- United States v. Ramnarine
- United States v. Re
- United States v. Sakhai
- United States v. Spoutz
- United States v. Vitrano; Vitrano v. United States
- United States v. Wiseman
- United States v. Zabrin
B . Civil Cases/Claims
- ACA v. Kinney
- Andre Emmerich Gallery, Inc. v. Segre
- Arthur v. Louis Vuitton North America, Inc. and Arthur v. Museum of Contemporary Art
- Balog v. Center Art Gallery-Hawaii, Inc.
- Biro v. Condé Nast
- Boulé v. Hutton
- Cohen v. Mazoh
- Cristallina S.A. v. Christie, Manson & Woods International
- David Rogath v. Werner E.R. Siebenmann
- David Tunick, Inc. v. E.W. Kornfeld and Galerie Kornfeld und Cie
- Dawson v. G. Malina, Inc.
- De Balkany v. Christie Manson and Woods
- Fastov v. Christie's
- Feigen v. Weil
- Firestone & Parson, Inc. v. Union League of Philadelphia
- Fletcher v. Doig
- FTC v. Austin
- FTC v. Magui Publishers
- FTC v. Solomon Trading Co.
- Galerie Furstenberg v. Coffaro
- Galerie Gmurzynska v. Hutton
- Goldman v. Barnett
- In re Park West Galleries, Inc., Marketing and Sales Practices Litigation
- Jenack v. Rabizadeh
- Killala Fine Art, Ltd. v. Weissman
- Knispel v. Gallery 63 Antiques
- Krahmer v. Christie's, Inc.
- Lagrange v. Knoedler Gallery
- Marchig v. Christie's Inc.
- Mattis Claim Against Rosenblum for Lewis Hine Photographs
- McCloud v. Lawrence Gallery
- Mount v. Sadik
- Nacht v. Sotheby’s Holdings Inc.
- Nussberg v. Tatintsian
- People of New York v. The Antique and Design Center
- Ravenna v. Christie's
- Rosen v. Spanierman
- Shaheen v. Stephen Hahn, Inc.
- Shaltiel-Gracian v. Association Wildenstein Institute
- Spanierman Gallery v. Arnold
- Struna v. Wolf
- Tony Shafrazi Gallery, Inc. v. Christie's Inc.
- Uptown Gallery, Inc. v. Doniger
- Vom Lehn v. Astor Art Galleries
- Waller v. Scheer
- Weisz v. Parke-Bernet Galleries
- Wilson v. Hammer Holdings, Inc.
- Zoellner v. Christie's
C . Disputes Over Expert Opinion
- Arnold Herstand & Co. v. Gallery: Gertrude Stein, Inc.
- Christie's, Inc. v. SWCA, Inc.
- E.S.T., Inc. v. Christie's, Inc.
- Foxley v. Sotheby's, Inc
- Greenberg Gallery, Inc. v. Bauman
- Greenwood v. Koven
- Gribin v. Hammer Galleries
- Kitchen v. Sotheby's
- Kohler v. Leslie Hindman, Inc.
- Levin v. Dalva Bros., Inc.
- Mickle v. Christie's, Inc.
- Seltzer v. Morton
- Thomson v. Christie's
- Thwaytes v. Sotheby's
2. Libel/Defamatory Statements
3. Cases/Claims Related to Catalogues Raisonnés
4. Authentication Boards