V. Other Ownership Title Disputes/Claims Including Conversion and Breach of Contract
19 U.S.C. § 1595a Tariff Act of 1930, as amended 2008
California Statute - Civil Code §§ 1738, 1738.5-1738.9, Consignment of Fine Art Law
Judiciary and Judicial Procedure, 28 U.S.C. § 1346, (Federal Tort Claims Act ("Little Tucker Act"), United States as defendant
Massachusetts General Laws, Chapter 104A Consignment of Fine Art, Section 2 Delivery and acceptance constituting consignment; statement of delivery
New York Statute - General Obligations Law § 5-701: Agreements required to be in writing (New York Statute of Frauds)
New York Statute - Uniform Commercial Code § 2-106, Definitions: "Contract"; "Agreement"; "Contract for Sale"; "Sale"; "Present Sale"; "Conforming" to Contract; "Termination"; "Cancellation".
Uniform Commercial Code, U.C.C. Â§ 2-716, Buyer's Right to Specific Performance or Replevin
Uniform Commercial Code, U.C.C. § 2-403, Power to Transfer; Good Faith Purchase of Goods; "Entrusting"
Uniform Commercial Code, U.C.C. § 2-607, Effect of Acceptance, Notice of Breach, Burden of Establishing Breach after Acceptance, Notice
Uniform Commercial Code, U.C.C. § 2-608, Revocation of Acceptance
A . Non-EstateTitle Disputes/Claims/Settlements
- Admart AG v. Stephan and Mary Birch Foundation
- Bender and McEnroe v. Carroll
- Brown University v. Kaminski
- Cartier v. Jackson
- Chamberlain v. Cocola Assoc.
- Charash v. Oberlin College
- Clay v. Sotheby's Chicago
- De La Torre v. Sotheby's
- DeBruno v. Sotheby’s
- Frigon v. Pacific Indemnity Co.
- Graffman v. Espel
- Grogan-Beall v. Ferdinand Roten Galleries, Inc.
- Hoelzer v. City of Stamford
- John v. Sotheby’s, Inc.
- Kaufman v. Chalk & Vermilion
- Leonardo Da Vinci’s Horse, Inc. v. O’Brien
- Lindholm v. Brant
- Mac’Avoy v. Smithsonian Inst.
- Malevich Heirs' Claim Against Busch-Reisinger Museum at Harvard University
- Malevich Heirs' Claim Against The Museum of Modern Art
- Malevich v. City of Amsterdam
- Morgold, Inc. v. Keeler
- Mucha v. King
- Philadelphia Museum of Art v. AXA
- Phoenix Ancient Art, S.A. v. Kimbell Art Foundation
- Pilliard v. Sotheby’s, Inc.
- Plumb v. Casey
- Robins v. Zwirner
- Sotheby’s v. Garcia
- Stroganoff-Scherbatoff v. Weldon
- Tajan v. Pavia & Harcourt
- United States v. Stromholt
- Weber v. Peck
- Weil v. Murray
- Western Prelacy of the Armenian Apostolic Church of America v. J. Paul Getty Museum
- Wildenstein & Co., Inc. v. Wallis
- Winkworth v. Christie Manson and Woods Ltd.
B . Estate Title Disputes/Claims/Settlements